Monday, January 30, 2012

Help with a translation - English to Italian?

Please can you help me with this translation from English to Italian?

My teacher is leaving and I've only got as far as being able to order drinks in the language... I really want to be able to give him a card in Italian but don't have enough knowledge to translate something so complex.





Dear .......................



Thank you for helping me so much with my French, I have really appreciated you taking the time to practise speaking French with me outside of classes, when you had a lot of other work to do.



Also, thank you for the Italian classes that you have done for us at lunchtimes. It has been a subject that I've always wanted to study and I have never had the opportunity to do so before. I would like to think that these classes will help me a little when I start beginners Italian at University next year.



It's a shame that you have to leave! But I know that you will make a fantastic teacher and that any student would be lucky to have you teach them.



Good luck in the future!



From



........................Help with a translation - English to Italian?
First of all, in English you don't have other forms besides the "you" but we (Italians) have more respectful forms which I assume would do in this case, being this person one of your teachers..You won't speak to him as if he was one of your friends. So, in the previous translation offered the title used was "tu", confidential, while it would be better to emply "lei", more respectful.

Here I give you my personal translation:



Caro (professor) NOME



Grazie per avermi aiutato cos矛 tanto con il Francese, ho molto apprezzato il tempo che ha dedicato nell'insegnarmi questa lingua al di fuori delle lezioni, nonostante fosse gi脿 molto impegnato. (previous translation was wrong in this passage)



Grazie anche per le lezioni d'Italiano che ci ha dato durante i pasti. Era una materia che avrei sempre voluto studiare ma non me ne era mai capitata l'opportunit脿. Mi piace pensare che queste lezioni mi saranno d'aiuto l'anno prossimo quando sceglier貌 Italiano come materia all'Universit脿.



E' un peccato che se ne debba andare! Ma so che sar脿 un insegnante magnifico e che i suoi studenti saranno molto fortunati ad averla.



In bocca al lupo per il futuro!



DaHelp with a translation - English to Italian?
Caro/a .......................

Grazie per avermi aiutato cos矛 tanto con il mio francese, ho veramente apprezzato il tempo che mi hai dedicato per insegnarmi a parlare francese al di fuori della classe, quando c'erano un sacco di altri lavori da fare.

Inoltre, grazie per le lezioni di italiano che avete fatto per noi a pranzo. E 'stato un argomento che ho sempre voluto studiare e non ho mai avuto l'occasione di farlo prima. Mi piace pensare che queste lezioni mi aiuter脿 un po' quando inizier貌 Lingua Italiana presso l'Universit脿 prossimo anno.

E' un peccato che te ne devi andare! Ma so che sarai un insegnante fantastico e che qualsiasi studente sarebbe fortunato ad averti come insegnante.

Buona fortuna!

Da

........................

Ho cambiano qualcosa, ma il senso 猫 lo stesso. Non potevo fare in altro modo!!

---------------------------------------鈥?br>Why have you taken me a point??

No comments:

Post a Comment