Monday, January 30, 2012

I need an english to Italian translation for a tattoo please!?

Hi guys, my father passed away a few months ago and I want to get a tattoo to remember him. I'm going to get an image on my shoulder with the phrase "your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever." I would like to get that phrase translated into Italian. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!I need an english to Italian translation for a tattoo please!?
Hi Mike,
check this one:

"Sarai sempre qui a guidarmi con la mano sulla mia spalla"

That's my best suggestion man. It's not a literal translation, but it's the only way I could think that made the phrase sound fluent and kind of nice. If translated literally, it would be:
"You'll be here forever, guiding me with your hand on my shoulder"

I think that could do as well. Any other way would sound a bit heavy to a native.
Hope it helps,

CheersI need an english to Italian translation for a tattoo please!?
Hi Mike,
well, I would write: " la tua mano mi guidera' per sempre " that is "your hand will guide me forever."
Italian is my mother language. There is not such an article in Italian, so clear as it is" guiding". I mean...you may also write.."la tua mano illuminata restera' sulla mia spalla per sempre". Illuminata is the Italian for enlightened . Really good it is also the first suggestion of Stich, see above.
I am really sorry for your loss. Take careI need an english to Italian translation for a tattoo please!?
i'm italian...



" (io) So che sarai sempre qui a guidarmi

(i) know you will alway be here to guide me...

sorry for your dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment